About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Tie a Ribbon Around It


Shell at Come and Get it Challenges this week picked the challenge, tie a ribbon around it. I chose to make a tag this week. I love creating tags for all occasions.  

I used glossy card stock for both background papers for my tag and used alcohol inks to added colour.  For the background of the heron I also used salt on the paper after I added the alcohol inks to give the paper a more interesting effect.  For the tag portion I embossed the tag with an embossing fold that appears to give the paper a watery effect. 

The heron rubber stamp I used for this project is by GCS Artstamps. I added a sentiment, lace and of course a ribbon to complete the tag.  

I hope you will join us this week and show us your ribbon at Come and Get it Challenges.  Have a creative day.


Judy

I would like to enter my tag in the following challenges:

Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes 
Cupcake Craft - Anything But a Card 
Pause, Dream, Enjoy - Use Ribbon
Stamps & Fun = Creativity -  Favorite Stamp  
The Squirrel & the Fox -  Anything Goes
 

7 comments:

  1. What a Beautiful Tag Judy, love the colors!

    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.•´ ..•´Shell in Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so gorgeous! I love the purple!! Thanks for playing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this image and gorgeous colours!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow and wow, just love this Tag so gorgeous and elegant, fabulous colors and love the image. Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week. Abbie (Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wauh so nice thanks for joining us at sf=c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning tag, I like it a lot! It's very inspiring.

    Thank you for sharing with Cupcake Craft Challenges.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tag, such beautiful colours.
    Thanks for joining us over at The Squirrel and The Fox!
    Hugs,
    Linda xox
    www.squirrelsnippets.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete