About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Howdy



I made this card for a friend who loves horses.  My inspiration for this card was a painting that I saw in a gallery in Bisbee, Arizona called the Belleza Gallery.  I liked the effect I saw in A.M. Stockhill, the artist's work. She had painted her horses on printed book paper that told a story.  If you ever get to Bisbee check out the gallery. Belleza is owned and operated by the Renaissance House (fka WTP), a non-profit organization that provides its residents the opportunity to make the changes needed to become healthy and self-reliant.

The horse rubber stamp is from my collection of unmounted rubber stamps. Once I stamped my image on book paper I layered it with embossed paper and added a piece of a book that I had taken apart.  Not that my card actually looks anyway similar to Stockhill's painting it reminds me of a wonderful day I had in Bisbee.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and have a creative day. 

Judy

I am entering this card in the following challeges:


Loves Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes
Pause, Dream, Enjoy - For the Boys
Addicted to CAS Masculine - Clean and Simple


6 comments:

  1. beautiful card and I bet she loves it too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet she will love it! Thanks for sharing with Loves Rubberstamps this week! hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card!Great Job!
    Thanks for joining us at PDE "For the Boys" Challenge!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Judy. Thank you for playing along with the Addicted to CAS challenge.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Judy. I've just payed forward your lovely award you nominated me for. Be sure to check out the blogs I like to visit. Hopefully it wasn't suppose to be just for Canadian bloggers as mine are all over the map. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Love the emboss and beautiful image. Thank You for playing along with us at Loves Rubber Stamps this week.
    Good Luck, Dangina

    ReplyDelete