About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, February 28, 2015

If Pigs Could Fly

 This is my project for March at Altered Eclectics. 


This is how it looked before I altered the pig and box.  I purchased the little pig at a yard sale for 50 cents a long time ago.  The box was from my stash. 


I coloured my pig and box with acrylic paint and then added some findings to the pig and coloured then with violet Inka Gold.  I had fun adding the details to the box and pig. I doodled on the pig and the word "Fly". The wings were silver angel wings that I added some brown acrylic paint and Inka Gold to the wings.  I cut the wings apart, added some wire so they would bend and attached them to the pig.

The gears on the box were die cuts that I also coloured with the violet Inka Gold. I glittered the edge of the box in a similar colour and added 4 large wooden beads for the legs in the box. 

Here are a couple of different views.





Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  Do not forget to stop by Altered Eclectics to see the creations of the rest of the design team created to inspire you. 

I am entering this project in the following challenges:


Art-Journal-Journey -Birds, Beast and Humans
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
The Outlawz - Twisted Thursday

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant project Judy I am a big lover of pigs, never seen one fly yet, lol, this is a fantastic creation great colours and design.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project, Judy! It sure brought a smile to my face first thing this morning, and that's a very good thing! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love da piggy - so cute and such a fabulous project hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love da piggy - so cute and such a fabulous project hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy - so cute!! Love the colours - it's fabulous!! Steffi :o) xx

    ReplyDelete