About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Altered Puzzle Game Piece


Thought I would try something different for this weeks challenge at Come and Get IT Challenges and decided on a altered puzzle piece. The theme of the challenge is to feature a critter and I decided to use this digital  image from All Dressed Up called Pirate Puppy


This was a fun project to make and once I had painted it with gesso I painted the game piece with Acrylic paint. My next step was to add some stamped images from my collection of stamps to create a collage.  I used Distress Ink on the edges of the piece and Copic Markers to colour the images.  To complete the puzzle I added some die cut clouds and a little shell I had made out of shrink plastic. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.   i am entering my project in the following challenges:

2 Creative Chicks -Anything Goes
    Artistic Stampers -Anything Goes
    Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes

    7 comments:

    1. What a fabulous idea! I love the shape that you used and it fits the images so well. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge" Anything Goes". Good Luck with the Challenge, Denyse x

      ReplyDelete

    2. Thank You for making such a adorable project using our images.I love the idea!!!

      It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I do hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

      Love and best wishes

      Anne Lise, Sponsor Co-Ordinator for All Dressed Up

      ReplyDelete
    3. This is just adorable Jusy! I love the images you've used!
      Hugs
      Dawn xx

      ReplyDelete
    4. So very cute, Thank you for joining us over on The Artistic Stamper challenge this month.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the shape. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 20 Anything Goes. Hugs Jackie DT

      ReplyDelete
    6. What a cute card thank you for joining in with us over at the Artistic Stamper. x

      ReplyDelete