About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Steam Punk Cat


It is time for another challenge at Altered Eclectics this month and I have created a Steam Punk cat for my project this month.  

This is what I started with for my project.  I found it at a flea market in Arizona and have been holding on to it with the idea of altering it. 



I painted the cat with Gesso and then added my findings (old jewelry, pearls and gems, etc) with a heavy Matte Gell.  Once I had my findings attached I stenciled some areas with Molding paste and added some crackle medium in other area and then painted the whole project with a coat of white Gesso.  Once I had an even coat of gesso I  used a combination of 4 colours of ink sprays and coordinating acrylic paints to colour the cat.  I painted the face of the cat last and then used a light gold acrylic paint and a dry brush to add some shine all over the cat.   I also used a pink glitter pen in a few places to add more sparkle. 

Here is are a few different views. 







What fun I had making this project this month.  I love the Altered Eclectic challenge blog for encouraging  their design team members to  try new things. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.  Pop over to the challenge blog to see the projects that other design team members have created to inspire you.

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

A Gem of a Challenge animals or birds 
Allsorts  pearls and gems 
Scrappers Delights   Always Anything Goes 
Crafting-With-Friends  Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack  Anything Goes
PDE Linky Party   Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks  Anything Goes
Anything but a Card Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs  August Anything Goes 
Rhedd's Creative Spirit  Anything Goes
Our Creative Corner  Mexico Moods

The Mix Media Place - Anything Goes
SanDee and Amelie'a Steam Punk Challenges - Tic Tac Toe
(3 butterflies around the neck, Metal pieces through out design, several stencil areas on cat's body

15 comments:

  1. How delightful this is! Awesome way to remake this lovely kitty! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy... what a fantastic transformation... I love the colors you chose and the dry brushing of the gold is beautiful ... Thank you for creating with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic steampunked cat! Gorgeous colors you used on your master piece. Thank you for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creation! Thanks for joining in with a Gem of a Challenge time!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok Wow!
    Thanks for playing at PDE Linky Party!
    DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous altering, now it's a wow cat!
    Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love this cat. Thanks for linking up over at PDE Linky Party Would love to have you link up over at 2 Creative Chicks too.

    Have a creative day.
    Nana DT Member
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous altered kitty! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at PDE Anything Goes Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (PDE DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at Pause Dream Enjoy, Jackie CT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic project - love how you makeover this little cat :)

    Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends - challenge 3
    Erika, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really amazing! Thank you for joining in the fun at Mixed Media Place this month! But this month we were inspired by words and I couldn't find one in your project...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fantastic and I swear I have seen an object non altered as a child very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have turned her into a real beauty, Judy!
    Great job with the stencilling and thank you for sharing your fab project with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really loving your steam punk cat Judy thank you for entering it into our Tic Tac Toe challenge over at SASPC. x

    ReplyDelete